Audition Prep

I started theatre last year and recently auditioned for my second show.  I thought I would tell you what it’s like to be in an audition process. :)      We are doing 
“The Sound of Music Jr” and I decided to audition for Brigitta. I learned a song and a short audition script and we also had an audition dance that we learned.  Now I’m going to break down all the steps and specifics. At this particular theatre program, we have a pre-audition camp which is just a week where we learn the audition dance and get the audition script earlier than everyone else.  It’s very helpful, not mandatory...but helpful. That’s the first thing. The next is LOTS of practicing, including choreography, blocking, and memorizing. Then it comes time for auditions. For auditions you have a call time, my call time was 1:30 pm- that’s the time where half of the people in the program come and do the dance audition and then we go out of the room and then wait till it’s your turn to audition, My call was 1:30 but I didn’t do my main singing audition until about 3:00 and once it was my turn to audition I went inside, and I said my name, what song I’m singing, and who I’m auditioning for than I sang my song and they said they said thank you and I walked out. After everyone auditioned the judges came out and said the people that they chose for callbacks. I had callbacks so I went back into the same room with everyone else that was chosen and read lines with other people who were auditioning for the same parts.  Then we went back out and waited again to find out who gets in for second callbacks. I got second callbacks also so we all went back into the same room and read more lines and sang some of the songs from the musical. And then we went back out of the room and waited once more for 3rd callbacks. I also had 3rd callbacks and that callback was the judges seeing us doing parts we didn’t audition for. After that, we went home and then the next day the cast list came out at 11:00 pm. I and one other girl got the part of noviciate. A novitiate is essentially a nun in training. That’s the process of an audition. I hope you found this useful or at least enjoyed it. 




bye.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

my animals

the titanic museum

Wonders of wildlife